Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rap-Up TV: Ludacris Talks ‘Elite’ Status in Hip-Hop, Defends Justin Bieber


Thirteen years after making his debut with Back for the First Time, Ludacris is regarded as a veteran in hip-hop. The hip-hop mogul, whose mixtape #IDGAF dropped last week, weighed in on his status in the game during the second part of his interview with Rap-Up TV.


“I feel good about my place in hip-hop. I feel like I’m one of the elite and I say this humbly speaking,” said Luda. “To make it to album number eight [Ludaversal], to be in the game 13 years and still be hungry, I feel like I’ve written my chapter into the hip-hop history book and I feel like everything from now is damn near extra credit.”


However, he understands why he doesn’t always get the respect he deserves. “It’s ’cause I play so fucking much. They call me Ludacris for a reason,” he said. “Sometimes people don’t know when to take me serious. And sometimes people do take me serious when I’m really just joking around.”


Over the weekend, Fast & Furious 6 starring the rapper-actor opened at No. 1 at the box office. So has he ever thought about hanging up the mic and pursuing acting full-time? “The only time I could probably do this Hollywood thing full-time is later on in life, and I mean way later on,” he said. “I’m tryna be on some Morgan Freeman-type shit, but I don’t see myself quitting music anytime soon.”


During the Billboard Music Awards earlier this month, Luda’s frequent collaborator Justin Bieber got booed after receiving the Milestone Award. But Luda was quick to defend the teen idol. “As a friend and as a fan, I feel like he’s going to be around for quite some time,” he said. “People need to start giving him the props that he deserves.”


Previous: Ludacris Talks #IDGAF Mixtape, Chris Brown Collabos, & Ludaversal






via Rap-Up.com http://www.rap-up.com/2013/05/28/rap-up-tv-ludacris-talks-elite-status-in-hip-hop-defends-justin-bieber/