Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tamar Braxton Felt ‘Unattached’ to Baby Boy

Tamar Braxton

Tamar Braxton gave birth to her first child in June, but it wasn’t love at first sight. The “Love and War” singer is sharing a shocking confession about becoming a mother.



In an interview with “Good Morning America,” the “Braxton Family Values” star revealed that she didn’t immediately fall in love with her eight-week-old son Logan.


“I loved him,” said the always candid Tamar. “But I wasn’t like, ‘Oh, gosh, yes my baby, ooh.’ It wasn’t that. It was more like what do I do now, you know?”


She wasn’t able to make an immediate connection with her baby. “I guess in a sense I did feel unattached because you know, I really, really wanted to connect with him because I wanted to breast-feed. And when he didn’t latch on and when I couldn’t produce milk I just felt like, ‘Is this the wrong child?’ You know what I mean? ‘Am I the wrong mother?’”


Instead of feeling a bond, she was experiencing other emotions. “You’re in shock,” she said. “It took me a few days to really come to terms with the fact that I am a mom and this is my baby.”


She didn’t change diapers for the first week-and-a-half after Logan’s birth, so her husband, Vincent Herbert, took over the duties.


When her son started to breast feed, she finally felt the connection. “When he finally latched on I felt like he got me and I got him and this was all meant to be,” said Tamar.


But the new mom and baby are now inseparable. “I am very happy. I feel complete. … He is the best thing that ever happened to me.”


The first photos of Tamar and Logan can be seen in the new issue of Us Weekly.


Tamar, Logan, and Vince






via Rap-Up.com http://www.rap-up.com/2013/07/31/tamar-braxton-felt-unattached-to-baby-boy/