Wednesday, May 28, 2014

J. Cole Inspires Sage the Gemini’s New Album


Sage the Gemini just released his debut album in March, but he’s already on to the next. The “Gas Pedal” hitmaker has recorded around 15 songs for the follow-up to Remember Me.


“It sounds way more controlled. It sounds like I took my time,” he told Rap-Up TV at PowerHouse 2014. “I’m way more creative. I sat down, relaxed, and took my time with the stuff.”


He’s been inspired by one of his fellow rappers. “I’ve been listening to a lot of J. Cole, so he kinda helped me,” revealed Sage.


After Skyping with the Roc Nation MC on MTV’s “RapFix Live,” he started listening to his music. “I was like, ‘He’s saying some real stuff.’ And I liked the way he spit and he doubled up and his delivery is hecka tight. ‘LAnd of the Snakes,’ I’m on that song. Crazy.”


In addition to Cole, he would love to work with Chris Brown. “I’ve been listening to him for a while,” Sage said of the “Loyal” singer. “I actually fell in love around the time he first came out. So he was kinda helping me keep my feelings towards that girl and I was doing poetry and he was just motivating.”






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1tQk4Ts