Thursday, July 3, 2014

Jennifer Hudson Announces New Album ‘JHUD’

Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer Hudson has chosen a simple, yet fitting title for her third album.



In an interview with WPGC in Washington, D.C., the Oscar winner announced that JHUD will serve as the follow-up to 2011′s I Remember Me.


“It’s different expressions of me as an artist, a girl, a music lover,” she said of the title, which is derived from her nickname.


The ’70s-inspired album has already spawned the Pharrell-produced single “I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)” featuring T.I. and the Timbaland-produced “Walk It Out,” for which she shot a video in Chicago.


On Sunday, she debuted her R. Kelly duet “It’s Your World” at the BET Awards.


“Earlier in my career I was just a soloist singing other people’s songs,” she told V magazine. “Now I really want to be an artist. I want to lift the people up, have fun, create a moment. I have my own visions that I want to bring to life.”


JHUD is due in mid-August on RCA Records. Listen to snippets below.









via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/VI6tlI