Thursday, July 17, 2014

New Music: Common f/ Jhené Aiko – ‘Blak Majik’

Nobody's Smiling

After getting his shine on alongside Big Sean on “Diamonds,” Common makes “Blak Majik” with Jhené Aiko. Over a looping No I.D. sample, the Chi-town spitter name checks his ex Erykah Badu (“Who in the game had the baddest hoes?”) and puts on for the 312.


“I wanted to team up with [Jhené] and do a song that was fresh,” Common told Rap-Up TV. “I called it ‘Blak Majik’ because I say we make something out of nothing. It’s also a feel-good, fun song, but it’s hard, it’s rough.”


He continued to praise the L.A. songstress. “Jhené Aiko is an artist that I truly respect,” he said. “I think she has a unique voice in music, in culture. When I say unique voice, not only is it her singing voice, but her perspective, who she is, what she offers to the world is something that’s very, very special. It’s a soul to it. It’s a spirit to it.”


Due Tuesday, Common’s 10th album Nobody’s Smiling also features Cocaine 80s, Elijah Blake, and Vince Staples.









via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1yz5F0h