Thursday, July 31, 2014

Rap-Up TV: K Camp Talks ‘Cut Her Off’ Success, Dream Collaboration


K Camp is riding high off the success of “Cut Her Off.” Originally intended as a mixtape cut, the strip club anthem off his EP In Due Time has taken off and even surprised the Atlanta rapper.


“When I saw the reaction in the strip clubs in Atlanta, I knew it was a problem,” he told Rap-Up TV. “I knew it was gonna do something, but I ain’t know it was gon’ do this. I’m blessed right now, so I’ma continue to work.”


Everyone from Rick Ross to Tiny has recorded a remix, but he’s not too fond of the latter. “They tryna cut dicks off, man. I ain’t wit’ that,” he said of Tiny’s male-bashing remake “Cut It Off” featuring Shekinah.


While in L.A., K Camp has been in the studio with Ty Dolla $ign, Problem, Big Sean, and The Game. He is also featured on Bow Wow’s upcoming single “Right Now.”


But he has his eye on one particular collaboration. “I always say André [3000] and Bun B. Ever since I came up, I said if I get a record with Bun B, I know I made it. Bun B is that plateau, like Drake did it, everybody get that Bun B record, so once I get that Bun B record, I’m OK.”


The SlumLord boss is currently working on his full-length album and hopes to have a career like Lil Wayne, Drake, and Jay Z. “I look up to Jay Z business-wise and what he did with the game,” he said. “[Dr.] Dre, that’s powerful. I look up to artists like that. It’s more than music. I see the business. I’m trying to do it all. Just trying to feed my kids’ kids.”


Earlier this week, K Camp debuted the video for “Blessing,” the second single off his EP In Due Time.






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1rMfbJA