Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lil Wayne Reveals ‘Tha Carter V’ Album Cover, Release Date

Tha Carter V

Lil Wayne took to ESPN “SportsCenter” to reveal the cover art and release date for Tha Carter V.


In the theme of his past Carter covers, the artwork contains a childhood photo of a tatted Weezy and his mother Cita.


But Wayne did not tell his mother he was using the photo. “I’m sorry moms,” he said. “I know personally that she don’t really like that picture of herself ’cause she’s not looking in the camera.”


The artwork is especially significant. “It’s perfect,” he said. “I always go with a baby picture and I wanted to go with one with my mom on it this time. This album means a lot to me. People been waiting on this album and I’m just at the point in my life and stuff to have my mom on there. It’s more than an accomplishment, it’s an achievement.”


The fifth installment in the Carter series drops October 28 featuring “Krazy” and the Drake-assisted singles “Believe Me” and “Grindin.”


What do you think of Tha Carter V cover art? Weigh in below.






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1vMZAiX