Saturday, August 2, 2014

Trinidad Jame$ Dropped From Def Jam

Trinidad Jame$

All that glitters ain’t gold. Trinidad Jame$ has been dropped from Def Jam.



The Atlanta rapper, best known for his 2012 hit “All Gold Everything,” broke the unfortunate news on Twitter.


“I should tell yall. I got dropped by the Label,” he tweeted. “My Album is now free. If u hear ur beat or verse on it. I hope u want dap cuz i got no money.”


After being pursed by several labels, James signed a reported $2 million deal with Def Jam in 2012, which included a joint venture for his label Gold Gang Records.


In January 2013, he released his mixtape Don’t Be S.A.F.E. to iTunes featuring the gold-certified hit “All Gold Everything,” which spawned a remix featuring T.I., Jeezy, and 2 Chainz.


Later in the year, he dropped his second mixtape 10 Pc. Mild featuring appearances from Travi$ Scott, Gucci Mane, Childish Gambino, CyHi the Prynce, and Danny Brown.


In a 2012 interview with Rap-Up TV, he reflected on his overnight success. “I’m really not a one-hit wonder. I’m really not. People chose to like that song,” said James. “People fail to realize that they’re the ones who make a buzz. You can’t really buy a true buzz. To all the people who hate that I’m doing so well, you should hate the people who made me do so well ’cause all I did was make the music and put it out.”









via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1AKC323