Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Jhené Aiko Promotes Pet Adoption in peta2 PSA

Jhené Aiko

Jhené Aiko has partnered with peta2, PETA’s youth division, in a new campaign to promote pet adoption. The L.A. singer, whose album Souled Out arrives September 9, snuggles up next to a rescued cat named Daisy with the words “Adoption Is Love. Save a Homeless Dog or Cat.”


“I think cats are super smooth with everything they do,” said Jhené. “I move in silence, but when I feel threatened, I get real feisty like a cat.”


She used to rescue cats when she was a child. “Ever since I was younger, I had this connection with cats. I would bring home stray kittens and ever since then, I always had to have cats in my life.”


Her five-year-old daughter Namiko wanted a cat, so she adopted one from a local shelter. “It’s important to adopt rather than buy because they’re so many animals in the shelter that need homes,” she said.


Jhené joins a growing list of celebrities including Kid Ink, Ke$ha, Jay Sean, Rocsi Diaz, and Angela Simmons who’ve teamed up with peta2 to promote kindness to animals.






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1t0nkub