Friday, October 24, 2014

Rap-Up TV: T.I. Talks Chris Brown Collaboration, Signing Troy Ave


With his ninth album Paperwork in stores this week, T.I. celebrated its release with a concert for iHeartRadio on Thursday in Burbank, Calif. Before hitting the Honda Stage to perform his hits including “Bring ‘Em Out,” “Live Your Life,” and “About the Money,” the King caught up with Rap-Up TV to discuss collaborating with Chris Brown on the raunchy bedroom banger “Private Show.”


“We wanted to make grown women cream themselves. I think that was the pure, definite intention behind the record,” said Tip. “I think that we were both kinda trying to one-up one another: ‘You’re not gonna make a girl cream before me. I’m gonna say something that you didn’t say and it’s gonna make her feel a way that you didn’t make her feel.’ We just kinda continued that volley back and forth and then we had a little ball of inappropriate innuendos at the end of it called ‘Private Show.’”


Earlier this week, Troy Ave fueled speculation that he signed to T.I.’s Grand Hustle label by appearing on the Hustle Gang remix to DeJ Loaf’s “Try Me” alongside Tip and Trae Tha Truth. While a contract may not be finalized, T.I. considers Troy to be Hustle Gang.


“Never mind the paperwork, I can’t really speak for the deals or the solidification of a professional relationship, but personally he’s definitely Hustle Gang. That’s something that I feel comfortable saying.”


He praised the Brooklyn rapper, who was among this year’s XXL Freshman Class. “He’s a solid cat,” said Tip. “He has something that New York has been missing for quite some time and he’s not afraid to be a New Yorker. I salute him for that early on.”


T.I. is battling it out against Logic on next week’s charts, but sales are not his priority anymore. “Don’t get me wrong, everybody wants to do well in everything that they do, but at the same time you have to judge yourself based on a scale of the statistics of what’s considered normal or acceptable for today. Ultimately the fans receiving it and really being able to relate to the music and really appreciating it as much as we appreciated putting it together, that is more important to us at this point in time.”


The multi-tasking mogul doesn’t plan to slow down anytime soon. He will star in the upcoming Marvel movie Ant Man and has already chosen titles for his next two albums, Paperwork: The Return and Paperwork: Love and Liability.






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1rulqjT