Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Kendrick Lamar Sings Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off’

Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift

Kendrick Lamar is a Taylor Swift fan. The “i” rapper proved it by singing the pop superstar’s single “Shake It Off.”



During an interview with The FADER at the BACARDÍ Triangle last month, K-Dot sang the lyrics to the hit record off Swift’s No. 1 album 1989, which sold over 1.2 million copies in its first week.


Kendrick was unashamed to admit his love for the song. “I ain’t playin’,” he said. “I say what I mean and I mean what I say.”


Swift shared her love for Kendrick in an interview with Rolling Stone, revealing that she listens to “Backseat Freestyle” when she’s feeling down. “You want to know a trick to immediately go from feeling victimized to feeling awesome?” she said before playing the track off good kid, m.A.A.d city. “This is my go-to.”


Kendrick returned the love. “Shout out to Taylor Swift,” he said. “You can’t put great music in different genres. I enjoy great music outside of my own music all the time, so I definitely can see where she’s coming from when she says that she listens to the record, and it’s a great thing for her to acknowledge that and put that good energy out into the world like that.”


Hear K-Dot croon some T-Swift below.








via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1sgKlrD