Thursday, November 6, 2014

New Music: T-Pain – ‘Stoicville’

T-Pain

T-Pain proved that he can sing without Auto-Tune, and he does it again on “Stoicville,” the title track from his upcoming fifth album Stoicville: The Phoenix. On the autobiographical track, Teddy P. shares his candid confessions about his friends, father, and fame.


“I feel like people needed to know what I’ve been doing,” T-Pain told The FADER. “A lot of people have been asking, and it’s kind of hard to put the story into just one answer. So ‘Stoicville’ is a quick tell-all—airing everything out and letting my past be the past and basically starting anew.”


Just this week, RCA Records released T-Pain’s Happy Hour: The Greatest Hits, but it came as a surprise to him. “It wasn’t my idea at all,” he said. “It was the label. I found out I was putting out a greatest hits album ’cause I went on my phone and saw that I could pre-order it! Not to sound like a dick or anything, but I got way more than 13 hits. I would have rather put out a greatest hits album next year cause I got signed in 2005.”


He’s already recorded 127 songs for Stoicville, and recently completed his “Drankin’ Patna” U.S. tour.








via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/13Nu20g