Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nicki Minaj Rules the Cover of V Magazine

Nicki Minaj

All hail Her Minajesty. Nicki Minaj holds court on the cover of V Magazine for the second time. In the fashionable photos, shot by Mario Testino, the “undefeated champion of hip-hop” gets dolled up in designer threads and rules her queendom.


The leader of the Barbz rocks a red dress by Guess, vintage beret, and Jimmy Choo heels as she poses alongside a statue in her royal garden and unleashes her inner pussycat in a cutout Balmain dress and leopard-print hat, gloves, and and Manolo Blahnik heels.


As she gears up for her December 15 release of her third album The Pinkprint, the rap mogul speaks about maintaining her edge. “I always push the envelope, because I’m Nicki Minaj. I have to,” she said. “No matter who I’m on a song with, I feel like I have to say at least one thing that no one else is willing to say. Whether it’s Madonna, Britney, or BeyoncĂ©, they always tell me, ‘Yes. Be yourself. Talk your shit.’”


She also shares her love for Versace, which she boldly wears in the photo shoot. “What I love about Versace is that it’s so rich,” she said. “Rap is a lot of showing off, and fashion is too. Versace is like, look at me, bitch. I’m here.”


The Winter 14/15 issue of V Magazine hits newsstands November 13. See more photos below.



Nicki Minaj


Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj

Photo credit: Mario Testino/V Magazine






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1shdxPr