Thursday, December 11, 2014

New Music: Jazmine Sullivan – ‘Mascara’

Jazmine Sullivan

Jazmine Sullivan is gearing up for the 2015 release of Reality Show, her first album in four years. After debuting the Meek Mill-assisted single “Dumb” and the soulful “Forever Don’t Last,” the Philly songstress strips things back on “Mascara,” on which she sings about trying to keep up with appearances and making sure no one sees her flaws.


“Most people think I’m shallow ’cause I’m always dressed like I’m goin’ out to the club / But I gotta keep up ’cause there’s new chicks poppin’ up every day and they want the same thing,” she sings.


Jazmine calls the song her favorite on the album. “It shows that I’ve grown as a writer and I just love how laid-back it is,” she told Rap-Up TV. “You kinda get a chance to just focus on the lyrics and the melody a little more.”


Reality Show features production from Salaam Remi, Anthony Bell, and Key Wane. “I’m really proud of it. I worked harder on this album than any album,” she said. “I put a lot of pressure on myself ’cause I haven’t been out in so long.”









via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/13cP2xu