Monday, December 8, 2014

Rap-Up TV: Big Sean Talks ‘Honest’ New Album, Working with Eminem


Big Sean is burning up the airwaves with his E-40-assisted anthem “I Don’t Fuck With You,” but the song was never intended to be a single. Before he hit the stage at Power 106′s Cali Christmas on Friday, the G.O.O.D. Music MC spoke with Rap-Up TV about his Kanye West and DJ Mustard-produced hit and a potential remix.


“People definitely been reaching out like, ‘I want to be on the official remix,’” said Sean.


The remix may have to wait while he finishes up his third album, due in early 2015. “I gotta turn it in in like a couple days,” he revealed.


So what can we expect from the follow-up to 2013′s Hall of Fame? “It’s something honest, [I] kept it real,” he said. “It’s definitely different than anything I’ve done. I kinda treated it like when I work on my mixtapes—don’t think about it, set a goal, focus on it, and just knock it out and have fun with it.”


In the meantime, Sean can be heard on Eminem’s SHADYXV single “Detroit Vs. Everybody,” which marks the first collaboration between the Detroit rappers. He hit the studio with Em while he was in town visiting his ailing grandmother.


“We kicked it in the studio, me, him, Royce [Da 5'9"],” said Sean. “We ate Jet’s Pizza. We vibed. He’s a really cool guy. Growing up in the D, he’s like a ghost. You hardly see him and when you see him it’s like, ‘Oh shit.’ The song was great. I hope people enjoy it. It’s some real rap shit for real.”






via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1G7TYRV