Saturday, January 24, 2015

Report: Lil Wayne to Sue Birdman for Release from Cash Money

Lil Wayne and Birdman are officially at war. Weezy plans to sue his mentor after settlement talks failed.


TMZ reports that the two tried to come to a resolution, but now Wayne will take Birdman to court to free him of Cash Money’s control.


Wayne says Birdman has violated their contract by withholding the release of Tha Carter V, and claims that Birdman owes him an $8 million advance for the album.


Birdman has held his ground, saying that he will release the album “in due time,” but that hasn’t appeased Wayne.


The Young Money rapper will continue to record and release his music outside of Cash Money.


Weezy has been very vocal about his beef with the label. He most recently declared his independence from Birdman on a remix to O.T. Genasis’ “CoCo” off his mixtape Sorry 4 the Wait 2 .


“Cash Money is an army, I’m a one-man army / And if them n**as comin’ for me, I’m goin’ out like Tony / Now I don’t want no problems, I just want my money,” he raps. “All I got is Young Money, no more Cash, ni**a.”









via Rap-Up http://ift.tt/1CoE6tH