Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Kanye West Quotes Drake In Response To Adidas Collection Negative Feedback + Says Racism Is A Distraction

(AllHipHop News) Kanye West was the talk of New York Fashion Week as the Chicago entertainer introduced his new Adidas "Yeezy Season 1″ collection. Style caught up with Kanye to talk about his new gear, the reactions to his line, and other topics related to fashion.

On negative website comments:

Oh, no, they just need to have the clothing. Anyone that has a negative comment just needs to have the clothing in their life. I don't need to read that because it's not going to inspire me in any way. I don't need any more negativity in my life [laughs] to make me work harder.

On negative reviews:

I don't read the reviews, because it's some kind of backhanded compliment or something focusing on not the main point. It was really difficult to do this. It would be difficult to make a proposition this simple for any designer. So many people told me that it had to have logos or it had to have this, but I fought for exactly what I wanted in my closet. I fought for what was true to me…

Just as the last photo showed you, I've got an army behind me, so unless the reviewer is recognizing the army, they're not recognizing the tank coming. I mean, I don't know if people felt this, but it's too late. Like the Drake album says, if you're reading this, it's already too late. If you're seeing this, it's already too late.

On the issue of race in fashion:

Racism and the focus on racism is a distraction to humanity. It would be like focusing on the cousin from your mom's side versus the cousin on your dad's side. We're all cousins. We're all the same race. To even focus on the concept of race, it's like—perhaps people give me an extra cookie for the fact that my color palette is so controlled and I'm black. When someone that's like, racist, comes up to me at A.P.C. and says, "I thought it would be a bunch of animals on your shirts," because they heard that I rapped. But it just makes the journey interesting. We came into a broken world. And we're the cleanup crew. And we're only cleaning up by helping each other.

On the collection possibly featuring limited edition wear:

I hate the concept of limited edition completely. I hate the concept of separatism. Elitism. Classism. We're all equal. The only thing that's valuable is time. It's the only thing we can't get back. The only luxury is time. Let's stop playing games with each other and let's start helping each other. If someone really feels that there's something that I can improve on, do like Pat McGrath and come to the f**king show and help me. Do like Vanessa Beecroft and come and help me. Because I'm not here for this to be about me. I'm here to help people. I'm here to help the 14-year-old version of myself that couldn't afford shit.

While official prices are still being determined, Kanye hopes to get the Yeezy Season camouflage jacket to be "super-inexpensive." He also disclosed portions of the collection should be available for purchase within the next three months. Ye wants to eventually open a brick-and-mortar store for his Adidas brand.

To read the full interview visit style.com.

[ALSO READ: Kanye West Talks Learning To Respect Women + Getting Acknowledged By Established Fashion Designers]


Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: Adidas, Drake, fashion, Kanye West, racism, Yeezy Season

via AllHipHop http://ift.tt/17LVQo2

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe