Thursday, March 12, 2015

Common Talks Oscar Win, Serena Williams Dating Rumors, & Leaving Oprah Hanging (VIDEO)

(AllHipHop News) Last month Common joined Eminem and members of Three 6 Mafia as the only rappers to ever win an Academy Award. The actor/Hip Hop star visited The Breakfast Club to talk about his "Best Original Song" Oscar win for "Glory."

[ALSO READ: Common & John Legend Perform "Glory" At The Oscars, Win Best Original Song (VIDEO)]

"We were feeling confident, but until they say your name you just don't know. They were talking about some of the other nominees, and its different people voting," said Com. "I ain't going to lie. I was nervous, but I was still like, 'Okay man, we can do this.'"

Besides making history with the track from Selma, Common also blew up social media on Oscar night for what seemed like a snub towards Oprah Winfrey. Common appeared to avoid the Oprah's high-five as he walked to the stage to accept his award.

"I thought she was giving a high-five to John [Legend], so I was saving myself. I didn't want to get caught out there," said Com laughing. "That's my girl. She's cool."

Another female celebrity's association with Common's victory made waves as well. A photo posted by former girlfriend Serena Williams with Com's newly won Academy Award had some thinking the two were back together. Common was asked about his current relationship with the tennis champion.

serena-williams-oscar

"That's my girl. I give her love all the time. I saw her at the party, and I'm going to give her that respect. She can hold the Oscar," said Common.

The Chicago native also discussed wanting to work with Jay Z, his history with Empire's Taraji P. Henson, possibly playing The Green Lantern, future projects, wanting to win the EGOT, and more.

[ALSO READ: Common Talks Creating "Glory" + His Experiences Dating Serena Williams & Erykah Badu (VIDEO)]

Watch Common's interview below.


Filed under: News, Videos Tagged: Academy Awards, Common, Oprah Winfrey, serena williams, The Breakfast Club

via AllHipHop http://ift.tt/1Aq0bU4

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe