Thursday, March 12, 2015

Method Man Talks Issues With Wu-Tang Clan’s “Once Upon A Time” Album, Producer Cilvaringz, & XXL (VIDEO)

(AllHipHop News) Wu-Tang Clan members Method Man and RZA had different opinions on the group's Once Upon A Time In Shaolin album. RZA wants to make the project exclusive, auction it off to the highest bidder, and keep it from commercial use for 88 years. Meth has expressed he thought waiting nearly nine decades for the public to hear the music was "stupid."

[ALSO READ: RZA Responds To Method Man Saying It's "Stupid" To Wait 88 Years For Wu-Tang Clan Album]

During a sit down with Hot 97's Ebro In The Morning, Meth spoke about his issues with the roll out of Upon A Time and his lack of involvement with the project.

"I was misinformed first of all. Even though I still think 88 years is a little ludicrous, but that's not for me to say. I don't like [the album's producer] Cilvaringz by the way," said Meth. "For me to get that information second-hand from somebody interviewing me, I thought was insulting, because it's always going to be room for misinterpretation."

Method Man claims he found out about the 88 years stipulation during an interview with XXL. He later criticized the publication and its online news editor Miranda Johnson.

Meth continued denouncing XXL during his Hot 97 interview. He called the site "tacky" and "tasteless" for posting his quote about the Wu album without publishing the entire interview. However, Method did take responsibility for not communicating with RZA.

"My only fault in this was speaking before I spoke to my brother," Meth added. "His fault in this was not speaking to me at all about what was going on with that album. So if a question like this was posed, I would know how to handle it."

The Tical rapper later stated that he is very protective of Wu-Tang and does not like to see any gimmicks or negative press associated with the crew. He called out Cilvaringz to address the situation.

"I can say whatever I want to say about RZA, but I don't like other people doing it… I read some of the comments, and it's like [Cilvaringz] you better step up and take the blame for that," said Method Man. "It's not RZA's fault. I'm putting that out there right now. I don't think RZA even knew about that 88 years until later on, and he climbed on board with it."

[ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Masta Killa Talks Upcoming Solo Project + Wu-Tang's "A Better Tomorrow" & "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin" LPs]

Watch Method Man's interview below.


Filed under: News, Videos Tagged: Cilvaringz, method man, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, RZA, Wu-Tang Clan

via AllHipHop http://ift.tt/1B8Tu92

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe