Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Troy Ave: I Saved A Generation Of Kids From Being Weirdos, Feminine, Suckas (POLL)

(AllHipHop News) No one can ever say Brooklyn rapper Troy Ave does not think highly of himself. The leader of BSB Records has repeatedly taken credit for reviving New York City Hip Hop, and it appears Troy also feels he deserves praise for saving a generation from non street oriented emcees.

For years, Troy Ave called out other rappers for being "weirdos." Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, and Chance The Rapper have all been on the receiving end of the New York City: The Album creator's "weirdo rapper" tag.

[ALSO READ: Chance The Rapper Talks Troy Ave Calling Him A "Weirdo" & Connecting With Madonna (VIDEO)]

On a recent Instagram post, Troy shared his opinion on the role he played in counteracting the "weirdos." He also claims responsibility for providing kids a masculine, moral, and prideful performer to look up to.

Troy wrote:

How? it's simple dawg …. they ain't wanna pay us, so we paid ourself, can't nobody run around sayin they gave me B$B start up [money]! NO investors x NO mentors

I AM THE BIG HOMIE not only did I bring New York City Back but I brought FURS back. Might of caused a few more animal deaths, but I saved a generation of kids from being weirdos, feminine, moral-less, pride less, identity crisis having suckaz but ain't no award for that, but I'm rewarded everyday when I look in the mirror and feel good about myself, feel good about where I'm at, where I'm going, and how I got here with self respect on my own two feet ….. MEN DO WHAT THEY SAY AND SAY WHAT THEY MEAN, my new album gon be a classic AGAIN!! #MajorWithouTaDEAL COMING SOON get ready #GameChanger #GODisGreat#SaluteToTheDJs

Troy Ave-IG

What do you think about Troy Ave's statement? Take the poll below.

[ALSO READ: Troy Ave Says He's Getting A Six-Figure Joint Venture Label Deal (VIDEO)]


Filed under: News Tagged: Chance The Rapper, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, New York City Hip Hop, Troy Ave

via AllHipHop http://ift.tt/1KcXksk

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe