Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Video: The-Dream – ‘Black’

The-Dream

The-Dream marches against oppression in the video for his powerful anthem “Black.” Inspired by Nelson Mandela, the Daniel Sanwald-directed clip was filmed in Langa Township, South Africa, and is dedicated to those who feel alienated by racism, classism, religion, politics, and sexual preference.


“I needed to take a step in a direction away from my comfort zone and do and say and sing something worthwhile,” said The-Dream. “I think this way all the time, and I spend most of my day in the battle of being Black and being a minority. Money has not changed my status in the department of racism and or classism.”


“Black” is the first release by The-Dream since leaving Def Jam and reuniting with longtime production partner Tricky Stewart. The hitmakers are working on numerous projects for this fall.


Watch The-Dream break down barriers and spark a conversation.








via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1qlxdDF