Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kanye West Accepts Visionary Award at BET Honors

Kanye West was honored with the Visionary Award at the 2015 BET Honors, which were taped last month in Washington, D.C. and aired last night. With his wife Kim Kardashian by his side, the rapper/mogul/designer received a musical salute from the great Charlie Wilson, who performed "Bound 2″ and "My Favorite Part of You."

"I love you, Kanye. You're the best, man. Thanks for puttin' me on," Charlie told 'Ye.

He also gave the mic to 'Ye, who spit a quick freestyle for the crowd.

Following a video tribute featuring Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, and Common, Roc-A-Fella Records co-founder Damon Dash presented Kanye with his award (Kanye originally wanted Minister Louis Farrakhan to present the award).

"My history with Kanye is I didn't respect him as a rapper because I was around the greatest rappers," said Dame. "But he has courage."

Kanye took the podium to accept. "Maybe for one of the first times in my life, I understand how it is to feel humbled," said 'Ye, who even poked fun at his wife's past boyfriends.

"They say white girls go out and get a rich black dude. But my wife has dated broke black dudes. So it's not about the money," he said as the crowd laughed.

Watch his epic acceptance speech below.



via Rap-Up http://ift.tt/1Gp6A77

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe