Wednesday, February 26, 2014

K. Michelle Performs ‘Can’t Raise a Man’ on ‘Arsenio’

K. Michelle

Before she hits the road with Robin Thicke on Thursday, K. Michelle stopped by “Arsenio” last night for a performance and brief interview.


The Memphis songstress shared her love for country music. “I actually grew up loving country music,” she said. “I play classical piano. I play guitar. And my parents, they put me in a closet. It wasn’t child abuse, don’t get scared. They put me in a closet and it was the biggest closet in the house and I would just sing to the top of my lungs.”


The self-described “ghetto girl with table manners” revealed that she can yodel (“Don’t ask. I ain’t gon’ do it”) and how her vocal coach introduced her to other genres.


“The first tape that I ever got was The Judds,” she said. “I saw The Judds, I loved The Judds, [my vocal coach] taught me how to yodel, and then I got a scholarship to Florida A&M University.”


K, who will star in her own VH1 series “No New Friends,” also defended her behavior on “Love & Hip Hop.” “I don’t think it’s fair at all because you don’t know me,” she said. “You would react the same way as me to a lot of those situations. I’m just bold enough to do it in your face and I can. Those reactions from those blogs and everything, I make their hits go up, so they should thank me or maybe even send me a check.”


She also shut down the stage with a rousing performance of her latest single “Can’t Raise a Man.”


















via Rap-Up.com http://ift.tt/1kgo2iY